Professional and career development
Queensland Health Australia understands the importance for allied health professionals for continued skills enhancement and the opportunities to further develop their career. In addition to leave entitlements, there are a range of support programs and initiatives that have been established to assist Allied Health professionals make the most of their professional experience with Queensland Health.
Professional development leave
Study / conference leave
Allied health professionals can access paid study/conference leave to travel to and attend a seminar, conference, convention or meeting that is required for competency attainment or improvements in professional practice.
Study and Research Scheme (SARAS)
Enables permanent employees to take paid and unpaid leave for course attendance, examinations, study and other course related activities.
There may also be some financial reimbursement of tuition or course fees.
Flying start to Queensland Health
- Flying Start Queensland Health is a web-based program designed to increase the confidence and competence of new starter allied health professionals. The resource has been developed to complement professional support practices such as supervision and mentoring.
Allied Health Post Graduate Scholarship Scheme
Allied Health Professional Enhancement Program (AHPEP)
AHPEP provides professional development opportunities for allied health professionals to gain knowledge and experience in health care provision in remote, rural, regional or metropolitan hospitals and facilities.
Allied Health Rural and Remote Training and Support Program (AHRRTS)
HP3-4 Rural Development Pathway (HP3 to 4 RDP)
- HP3 to 4 RDP is a human resource and workforce development strategy which supports recruitment of early career allied health professionals to rural and remote services. A range of resources are available to support HP3 (RDP) employees and their managers and Facilitators including:
- - access to enhanced development funding and support
- - access to a structured learning and development pathway to accelerate your rural and remote practice career
- - opportunity for career development in a rural or remote location
For further information refer to HP3 to HP4 Rural Develpment Pathway Human Resources Policy. Click to view the policy (PDF, 90KB) and the Cunningham Centre
Allied Health Professional Support Program
- The Allied Health Professional Support Program aims to increase the capacity for and provision of professional support for allied health professionals across Queensland Health.
Allied Health Relief Pool
Individuals seeking adventure, challenge and experience can apply for a position in the Allied Health Relief Pool
which provides short term relief in rural and remote hospitals and health care facilities.