Policies, Plans and Strategies
- Health Performance Framework
- The National Aboriginal and Health Strategy (NAHS) (1989)
- National Strategic Framework for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Queensland Health Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Environmental Health Plan 2008-2013
- Queensland Statewide Health Services Plan 2007-2012
- Palm Island Health Action Plan 2010 - 2015 and Close the Gap in Health Status on Palm Island Statement of Intent
In July 2009, NAIDOC Week, Premier Anna Bligh MP and Councillor Alfred Lacey, Mayor, Palm Island Aboriginal Shire Council (PIASC), agreed to the development of a Palm Island Health Action Plan (PIHAP) to articulate the Palm Island community's aspirations and vision to strengthen their involvement in health care planning and priority setting, in an endeavour to improve the health outcomes of Palm Island residents.
The PIHAP, which is a community plan, was sponsored by Queensland Health and developed in consultation with the Palm Island Community and PIASC. Internal and external stakeholder consultation for both the Palm Island SoI and PIHAP was also undertaken by primarily through a Palm Island Health Partnership Group (PIHPG), comprising representatives from the community, PIASC, health service providers and the Queensland and Australian Governments.
A Palm Island Statement of Intent based on the COAG Closing the Gap Statement of Intent and the Queensland Government's Closing the Gap Statement of Intent underpins the PIHAP and reflects the commitment by all levels of Government and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community controlled health sector, in partnership with the Palm Island community, to improving the health of Palm Island people.
Our partners and stakeholders
Other useful sites
- The Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet makes comprehensive, up-to-date information accessible to people interested in the health of Indigenous Australians.
- Black Pages is Australia’s first and only free national online Indigenous Business and Community Enterprise Development.
- The Closing the Gap clearinghouse is a collection of information on solutions to address Indigenous disadvantage.
- The Directory of Indigenous-Specific Evaluations 2002-2007 provides information on evaluations of Indigenous programs undertaken by Australian Government departments and key external evaluators.
- The Little Red Yellow Black Site, based on The Little Red, Yellow Black Book developed by the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies, provides introduction to Australia’s rich Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and culture written from an Indigenous viewpoint.