Welcome to the Queensland Health Enterprise Bargaining Home Page
The primary terms and conditions of employment of the majority of Queensland Health employees are prescribed by awards and agreements. While the awards are made by the Queensland Industrial Relations Commission (QIRC), agreements are negotiated by Queensland Health and the unions representing Queensland Health's employees. Following ratification by the employees covered by the agreement (through a ballot process) the agreements are certified, also by the QIRC.
Employee Relations, located within System Support Services Division, is responsible for managing consultation, negotiation and communication throughout the enterprise bargaining process on behalf of Queensland Health.
The major agreements that currently apply to Queensland Health employees are:
- Queensland Public Health Sector Certified Agreement (No. 8) 2011 (EB8) covering administrative, dental, operational, professional and technical officers.
- Queensland Health Building, Engineering & Maintenance Services Certified Agreement (No. 5) 2011 (BEMS5) covering building, engineering and maintenance staff.
- Nurses and Midwives (Queensland Health) Certified Agreement (EB8) 2012 covering nurses and midwives.
- Medical Officers' (Queensland Health) Certified Agreement (No.3) 2012 (MOCA3) covering medical officers.
- Health Practitioners' (Queensland Health) Certified Agreement (No.2) 2011 (HPEB2) covering health practitioner and allied health disciplines.
- Terms and Conditions of Employment, Queensland Government Visiting Medical Officers 2011 (2011 VMO Agreement) covering private medical specialists who also provide specialty services in a number of disciplines throughout the state.
This website has been designed to keep you up to date with the current status and progress of enterprise bargaining, and enables you to provide your input to, and feedback on, negotiation and implementation processes.