Registered Nurse and Midwife Graduate Recruitment
Start of 2014 Applications
The start of the 2014 application period will commence on 12th August 2013 and close on 9th September 2013.
This is the annual graduate application round for nursing and now also includes graduate midwives.
The annual application round increases the opportunity of applicants being made an offer by Hospital and Health Services across the full 12 month period.
Applications will be received through the Queensland Government Graduate Portal on 12 August 2013: http://www.graduates.qld.gov.au/
Queensland Health holds one (1) graduate registered nurse and midwife recruitment per year. Applications for the recruitment period occur four to five months prior to the intake commencement. The application period is usually in August, with staggered intakes commencing from January of the following year and recruitment continuing across the entire 12 months.
If you graduated from your first University level nursing program (i.e. Bachelor of Nursing or Master of Nursing), whether in Australia or overseas, within the last 12 months or are due to graduate this year you will be eligible to apply for this recruitment.
Applicants are able to work up to six (6) months as an RN or midwife prior to application to the Queensland Government Graduate Portal.
All eligible applicants will remain current in the application pool for a full 12 months to increase their opportunity of being made an offer of a position by Hospital and Health Services. Hospital and Health Services will access the eligible applications of RN graduates for the full 12 month period. Graduate Enrolled nurses are not eligible to apply. Graduate Enrolled Nurses are requested to contact health services directly to apply for employment.
Things you can do before applying:
- Make sure you are eligible to be registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Board Australia (NMBA). http://www.nursingmidwiferyboard.gov.au/.
- Assemble your documentation as would be required for your registration through NMBA.
- Update your Resume and include all your clinical placements.
- Obtain permission from your referees for you to list them in your application. Commence steps to obtain your referee reports that will be required by the Hospital and Health Service that may consider you for employment. (The Referee Report is available in both PDF (305 KB) and Microsoft Word (308 KB) versions)
- Research the hospitals you are interested in by accessing their internet sites through the Queensland government health website see - http://www.health.qld.gov.au/services/default.asp
- Figure out whether your clinical preferences match your hospital preferences.
Queensland Health Graduate Registered Nurse and Midwife Recruitment Program Prospectus (PDF, 89 KB) has more information on the recruitment such as eligibility, applying, the recruitment and selection process, frequently asked questions and so forth.