About Charters Towers Health Service
137 - 139 Gill Street Charters Towers QLD 4820
Postal Address: PO Box 63, CHARTERS TOWERS QLD 4820
Phone: +61 7 4787 0333
Fax: +61 7 4787 3255
The Charters Towers Health Service is a 25-bed facility located in Charters Towers, Queensland, about 134km west of Townsville.
The facility, which employs 110 people within the Charters Towers region, offers a variety of services to the community including accident and emergency care, general in-patient medical, surgical, obstetric and paediatric services.
The Charters Towers Health Service also provides various support services including:
- Medical imaging (x-ray only)
- Visiting medical services (surgical, gastroenterology, paediatric services, respiratory, physician)
- Cardiac support group
- Diabetic education and support group
- Hearing services
- Allied health services (physiotherapist, speech pathologist and social workers)
Primary Health and Community services provided include:
- Well Women's Clinic supported by the mobile women's health nurse, providing free pap smears and confidential advice
- Oral health including school dental van
- Mobile breast screening
- Child health
- School-based youth health nurse
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- Home & Community Care – home help
- Community mental health team
- A midwifery group practice providing continuity of individualised antenatal and post-natal care by a known midwife to the women of the Charters Towers region
The Charters Towers Health Service profile.
For more information on Charters Towers, please visit the Charters Towers Regional Council web page.