Community Health Service
Community Health Service's aim is to support people to live healthy lifestyles and maintain their independence. Services are provided from the centres or home visits can be arranged in Townsville (south to Alligator Creek, west to Oak Valley and north to Rollingstone). Community Health Service consists of a comprehensive multi-disciplinary team.
The majority of services are provided free of charge while some services may have an eligibility criteria. Services include:
- Individual health assessment and referral to other health or lifestyle services by registered nurses or allied health staff.
- Selected therapy (physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech pathology, nutrition and dietetics and podiatry, psychology and social work)
- Individual and group education to promote health lifestyles
- Health promotion
- Assistance with establishing and facilitating self help groups or support groups
- Chronic disease programs
- Involvement in community development programs
- Resource and information for health and health related professionals
- Contribute to the development of local and regional community services.
Geographical areas of service
- Townsville and surrounds
- Professional support to other areas on request.
|Location||Kirwan Health Campus,
138 Thuringowa Drive, Kirwan QLD 4817
|Postal Address||PO Box 1596, Thuringowa Central QLD 4817|
|Phone||+61 7 4799 9500|
|Facsimile||+ 61 7 4799 9501|
The INTAKE OFFICER processes all enquiries and referrals between the hours of 8.30am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday and also provides information regarding other Community Health Services.
TELEPHONE: + 61 7 4799 9500
Our Health Team
- Asthma and Respiratory Nurse
- Clinical Nurse Consultant Community Services
- Community Health Nurses
- Community Health Workers
- Diabetes Educators
- Exercise Physiologist
- Intake Officer
- Nurse Manager - Nursing Operations.
- Occupational Therapists
- Social Workers
- Speech Pathologists
- Team Leader Allied Health
Internal Partnership Programs within the Townsville Hospital:
- Aboriginal Islander Health Program
- Allied Health Unit
- Child Health Services
- Chronic disease programs
- Cardiac Services
- Emergency Department
- Extended Acute Care
- Magnetic Island Health service
- Rehabilitation and Geriatric Medicine
- Respiratory unit
- Sexual Health
- Women's and Children's Clinic
External Partnership Programs
- Community Care Links
- Community Pharmacies
- Community Services - non Government Agencies
- Domiciliary Health Services
- Disability Services
- Ethnic Community Care Links Inc.
- HACC Services
- Private Health Practitioners
- Queensland Police Service
- Seniors Organisations
- Townsville Aboriginal and Islanders Health Services
- Townsville City Council/Community
- Townsville Division of General Practice
- Townsville Mater Hospital
- Tropical Public Health Unit
- The Women's Centre -
Phone: (24 hour crisis line) 07 4775 7555 or Freecall Phone 1800 657 501.