The Physiotherapy Department at The Prince Charles Hospital provides both inpatient and outpatient physiotherapy services to the clients of The Prince Charles Hospital and health service facilities.
- Provide skilled staff by appropriate selection, orientation, ongoing training, development, education and regular review.
Improve managerial and clinical efficiency and effectiveness by continually reviewing and upgrading organisational and management systems.
Develop systems to meet and maintain standards necessary for accreditation.
Ensure the safety of patients and staff through adoption of safe work practices, a hazard free environment and well maintained equipment.
Encourage and establish research projects in line with sector services.
Develop health advancement programmes including preventative and early intervention strategies in collaboration with the Divisional Management Committees.
The Physiotherapy Department provides services within The Prince Charles Hospital to the following areas:
Cardiac, Surgical and Critical Care Programs
- Specialised Skills
- General Intensive Care Unit
- Cardiac Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- Cardiac Medicine
- Adult Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery and General Surgery
- Early Assessment Medical Unit and General Medical Wards
- Geriatic Evaluation and Management Unit
- Rehabilitation Day Therapy Unit
- Rehabilitation Unit
Orthopaedics, Outpatients and Emergency
- Orthopaedic Surgical Unit and Orthopaedic Outpatient Clinic
- Physiotherapy Outpatients and Emergency Department
Physiotherapy Vacancies / Locums
For information on staff vacancies, permanent or locum positions, please contact the Assistant Director of Physiotherapy on + 61 (0)7 3139 5369 or email Christine_Colavitti@health.qld.gov.au