Complete HCL Online Application
Note: It is recommended that application for registration of Medicare Australia
Site Certificates is made through the Medicare Australia online facility.
The Medicare Australia eBusiness Service Centre provides page by page support to assist in
completing the Medicare Australia online application.
Phone: 1800 700 199 from 8.00am to 8.00pm Mon-Fri
The following guideline details the steps involved in completing an online
- A nominated Duly Authorised Officer (DAO) to complete the online Registration Form.
- An acceptable Referee to witness the EOI documents
The following additional documentation is required:
- DAO Evidence of Identity (EOI). You must attach a minimum of 100 EOI
Only the DAO is
required to produce an individual EOI.
For detailed information on EOI requirements, click here.
- A Letter of Authorisation.
This is a document signed by the HSE Representative verifying that the DAO
is authorised to act on behalf of the HSE Location.
The letter is downloaded from the Medicare Australia web site and printed on
- Business EOI documents.
These documents verify the HSE location.
To complete the online HCL Application
- From your browser, enter the URL http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/pki in the Address
field and press Enter.
- From the Medicare Australia web site, left hand menu, select the Apply for Certificates
- From the Apply for Registration page, select Apply for a Healthcare Location
- The New Application Log On screen displays.
Enter a Secret identifier.
(This is used to retrieve your Personal
Identification Code (PIC) when your application has been approved.)
The Secret identifier must be a minimum of 10 characters.
- Make a note of the auto-generated Logon number.
(Required if you want to save
and return to your application.)
- Click on the Next button. The first HSE details page opens.
Enter your Company
Australian Business Number (ABN) and click on the Next button.
- The Location Details page opens.
- Enter the details for your Location.
- Click on the Next button. The second DAO option page opens.
- Select the No, I will nominate another person to act as DAO option.
- Click on the Next button. The HSE Evidence of Identification (EOI) page
- Select the Statement of transactions option.
- Click on the Next button. The Your Details page opens. This page
requires details about the HSE Representative.
- Enter the Position held by the HSE Representative.
- Enter the HSE Representative details. (Title, Surname, Given Name, etc.)
- Click on the Next button.
- The first DAO Evidence of Identity page opens, providing an explanation
of the core requirements.
- Read the information and then click on the Next button. The DAO EOI
Primary Document page opens.
- Select the relevant Primary document and click on the Next button. The
DAO EOI Secondary Document page opens.
- Select the relevant Secondary document (minimum of 30 points) and click
on the Next button.
- The DAO details page opens.
- Enter your Title and Name and select the relevant name change option.
- Click on the Next button.
- Select the appropriate Profession and click on the Next button.
- The Confirm details page opens. Check that the details you have entered
are correct and then click on the Next button.
- The Submit Application page opens.
- Save and print the Location Subscriber Agreement, Acceptable Referee
Identification Form, and DAO Authorisation Letter.
Note: the DAO Authorisation Letter must be printed on Business letterhead.
- Select the option buttons associated with each of these documents.
- If you need to make any changes to the application, you can Save and
resume at a later time, or press the Back button to return to the page you
want to change.
- Note: Before submitting your application, please check that all details
are correct. You will not be able to electronically change information after
clicking the Submit button.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Save and print the receipt. The receipt contains your logon number and
provides a summary of your application.
When you have submitted the online Registration, you need to
prepare and submit supporting documents.
This page last updated: 01 August 2008
Review date: 01 July 2009