Key Documents (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Branch)
- Indigenous Health Outcomes National Partnership Agreement
- National Indigenous Reform Agreement
- Indigenous Early Childhood Development National Partnership Agreement
- Queensland Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Agreement (2002)
- Torres Strait Islander Health Framework Agreement (2006)
Policies, Plans and Strategies
- Health Performance Framework
- The National Aboriginal and Health Strategy (NAHS) (1989)
- National Strategic Framework for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Palm Island Health Action Plan 2010 - 2015 and Close the Gap in Health Status on Palm Island Statement of Intent
In July 2009, NAIDOC Week, then Premier Anna Bligh MP and Councillor Alfred Lacey, Mayor, Palm Island Aboriginal Shire Council (PIASC), agreed to the development of a Palm Island Health Action Plan (PIHAP) to articulate the Palm Island community's aspirations and vision to strengthen their involvement in health care planning and priority setting, in an endeavour to improve the health outcomes of Palm Island residents.
The PIHAP, which is a community plan, was sponsored by Queensland Health and developed in consultation with the Palm Island Community and PIASC. Internal and external stakeholder consultation for both the Palm Island SoI and PIHAP was also undertaken by primarily through a Palm Island Health Partnership Group (PIHPG), comprising representatives from the community, PIASC, health service providers and the Queensland and Australian Governments.
A Palm Island Statement of Intent based on the COAG Closing the Gap Statement of Intent and the Queensland Government's Closing the Gap Statement of Intent underpins the PIHAP and reflects the commitment by all levels of Government and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community controlled health sector, in partnership with the Palm Island community, to improving the health of Palm Island people.
- Bringing Them Home: National Inquiry into the Separation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children From Their Families (1997)
- Improving the Culture of Hospitals
- Indigenous expenditure report
- Overcoming Indigenous Disadvantage Reports
- Quarterly Reports on key indicators in Queensland 's discrete communities
- Yarrabah highlights report 2002-2010
- AIHW - Indigenous Observatory (a repository of information on health and welfare of Indigenous people
- AIHW Closing the Gap clearing house (research and evaluation evidence to overcome Indigenous disadvantage)
Last updated: 5 May 2015