Frequently Asked Questions
Hospital and Health Services
1. Why do we need a Community Care Unit?
A CCU is an accommodation facility for adults who are recovering from mental illness. It will provide support and skills training necessary to enable successful transition to independent living.
2. Who can access services provided at the Community Care Unit?
Adults aged between 18 and 65 years of age who are male, female, young adults, mothers, fathers, grandparents, employed, unemployed, skilled or unskilled and are referred to the service can access the Community Care Unit. Access to the Community Care Unit depends on a consumer’s home situation and how advanced they are through their individual recovery program.
3. What service would be provided at the Community Care Unit?
A wide range of multidisciplinary services will be provided at the CCU by mental health professionals 24 hours a day. Services will be provided by a team of doctors, nurses, social workers, psychologists, occupational therapists and recreation officers. These include medication management, group meetings, advice, independent living education and clinical risk analysis.
Construction and Environment
4. Who is building the Community Care Unit?
5. How long will it take to build the Community Care Unit?
The construction and building of the Community Care Unit is expected to take approximately 11 months.
6. How will the impact of construction activity in local traffic be managed?
Every effort is being made to minimise the impact of construction traffic on the local community. There may be some changes to the flow of local traffic during the construction of some parts of the CCU however this will be managed and communicated to the local community to ensure disruption is minimal.
Transport and Parking
7. Will the CCU be easily accessible by public transport?
Yes. There is a bus stop adjacent on Hoare St and a designated taxi area will provide another easy transport option.
8. Will there be enough parking at the Community Care Unit?
There is a resident on-site car park and a separate staff car park.