Recruitment for the 2018-2019 term
Community Consultation Committee recruitment for the 2018-2019 term
The Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service currently have mid-term vacancies for the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health Community Consultation Committee.
Are you passionate about health services in your local community?
Community Consultation Committees bring the voice of patients, consumers, carers and the community into the planning, design, delivery and evaluation of healthcare provided by Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service.
The Health Service is seeking community members to join our Community Consultation Committee who are:
- interested in local health service delivery and planning
- active in the community, with strong community networks and a sound understanding of local or regional issues
- able to bring a consumer or carer perspective to discussions and decision-making.
How to apply
For more information please contact the Consumer and Community Engagement Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 4226 3345.
What to expect during recruitment and selection
A Health Service selection panel:
- reviews expressions of interests and short-lists applicants for an interview,
- conducts interviews,
- selects applicants for appointment onto the Committee,
- seeks the Health Service Board endorsement on selected applicants and
- appoints applicants as Community Representatives onto the Committee.
What to expect if you are appointed
Committees generally meet quarterly for three hours. Committee members may be tasked by the Health Service Board to go out to their 'communities' and request feedback on specific topics and provide that feedback to the Health Service for consideration and implementation where appropriate. Committee members may hear of collective community issues and concerns they can raise through their Committee for broader consideration by the Health Service.
Committees are guided by a Terms of Reference. Each chair of the Community Consultation Committees has a seat at the Community Advisory Group which is the conduit body between the community and the Health Service Board.
Appointed community members (excluding Health Service staff and local government representatives) are remunerated for their attendance at meetings. Committee members are encouraged to attend other Committee meetings as a guest for information sharing and lateral movements.
For more information please contact the Consumer and Community Engagement Coordinator email@example.com