Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Service
In June 2008 the Freedom of Information (FOI) Independent Review Panel, chaired by Dr David Solomon, handed down its report entitled The Right to Information - Reviewing Queensland's Freedom of Information Act. The Report calls for the Queensland Government to move from a "pull" model to a "push" model in the release of information.
The Premier has directed that all departments put in place systems and procedures for the proactive release of information as soon as possible, including publication schemes and proactive decision making processes that routinely facilitate the release of as much information as practicable.
Recommendation 108 of the Report calls for the traditional "Statement of Affairs" under section 18 of the FOI Act to be replaced by the adoption of a Publications Scheme, modelled on that operating in the United Kingdom. The Government response supported this recommendation.
This Model Publication Scheme sets out:
- a statement of principles underlying the Scheme
- the classes of information that agencies will make available through the Scheme
- a Disclosure Log, indicating information released in relation to information requests, and
- how you can access the information and who to contact in relation to the Scheme
Access to all documents in the Queensland Health Publication Scheme is free of charge.
- Cairns and Hinterland Hospital and Health Board
- Consumer and Community Engagement
- Consumer and Community Engagement Strategy 2020-2022
Contact information for making a Cairns and Hinterland HHS Right to Information (RTI) application can be found at CHHHS Release of Information Unit
Public interest disclosure (PID) information is governed by the Public Interest Disclosure Act 2010 and the Cairns and Hinterland HHS Public Interest Disclosure Policy.