'Virtual Care, Close to Home'
What is telehealth?
It is the use of videoconferencing technology to connect you with your health professional.
Video technology is used to support:
- Emergency presentations
- Bedside ward rounds
- Outpatient appointments and
- In Home patient appointments - access Queensland Health's telehelath portal
- Sending and receiving of images for speciality advice.
Benefits of telehealth
- To help patients who are impacted by distance and find it difficult to travel into major hospital centres.
- To offer emergency support to patients and health professionals in rural hospitals and primary health care centres.
- To support hospital medical staff and inpatients seeking specialist advice.
- To provide education and training to rural and remote clinical staff.
Clinics and locations
|Hinterland Facilities||Cassowary Facilities||Cairns Facilities||Home Telehealth|
Atherton Hospital & PHC
Innisfail Hospital |
Mission Beach Com eHealth Centre
Jumbun Com Care Centre
Gurriny Yealamuka PHC
Cairns Hospital |
Cairns North Com Health Centre
Smithfield Com Health Centre
Edmonton Com Health Centre
Kuranda Com Health Centre
|Can be arranged dependent on your clinical need and internet capabilities.|
Some patients present to their local GP Practice for their telehealth appointments with the Specialist