Diversity and inclusion
Far North Queensland is one of Australia’s most culturally and socially diverse regions. Our workplaces reflect that great diversity. We encourage participation of people from all backgrounds and cultures.
We offer an inclusive and supportive work environment, where we encourage values and behaviours that allow all staff to feel valued, included and welcome.
Cairns and Hinterland Health Service strives to be the employer of choice. We provide fair and equitable employment opportunities for people of all cultures, abilities and backgrounds.
What we are doing
We are using the Workforce Diversity and Inclusion Strategy to encourage inclusive practices in recruitment and career, such as:
- diversity of candidates in recruitment pools.
- job design to support workforce flexibility, diversity and inclusion.
- promote staff awareness of the benefits of diversity and inclusion
- resources to support leaders to achieve a more diverse and inclusive workplace.
- employees are supported to bring their whole self to work.
- employees are supported with appropriate training, development and career opportunities.
Tell us if you need support or access assistance for a job interview, or when you come to work with us.