|Search Central West Health:
A range of Visiting Specialist Services are available in the Central West Hospital and Health Service with more than 20 different Specialist Services available via Telehealth. Telehealth services are available at all Central West Health facilities, allowing patients across the district to be seen closer to home.
Please discuss the need for a referral with your General Practitioner.
Where does your referral go?
- All referrals are sent to an online system ‘Smart Referrals’ for the Specialist Outpatients Team to review and action
- All referrals are reviewed by a Clinical Nurse before being categorised by the relevant Visiting Specialist
- Once the Specialist has advised what category the referral is, Specialist Outpatients will add the referral to the relevant wait list
- Specialist Outpatients will notify you and your referring GP (by letter) of how long you may expect to wait for an appointment
- An appointment letter will be sent to you and your GP as soon as the next possible appointment is available.
- Audiology – Paediatric
- Endocrinologist (Princess Alexandra Hospital)
- ENT & Audiologist
- Flying Surgeon
- FOG - Flying Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
- Heart of Australia Bus
- Holter Monitor
- ICOP - Indigenous Cardiac Outreach Program (The Prince Charles Hospital)
- Indigenous Respiratory Outreach Clinic
- IROC Paediatric Clinic
- Ophthalmologist (Consults private & theatre public)
- Orthopaedic Surgeon
- Pace Maker Clinic
- Respiratory Physician
- Stress Tests