Enquiry service for clinicians
The Department of Health operates a confidential telephone enquiry service for medical practitioners which is currently available 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week. The enquiry service can provide confidential information to doctors/medical practitioners regarding:
- Schedule 8 medicines a person has obtained (eg, oxycodone, morphine)
- whether a person is on the Queensland Opioid Treatment Program for treatment of their drug dependence
- whether a person is known to be drug dependent (PDF, 432 kB)
- whether there is a current drug treatment report or drug treatment approval
- regulatory requirements under the Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996
- Treatment involving drugs of dependence (known as a Report to the Chief executive)
- Queensland Opioid Treatment Program
To access this service please call 13 78 46.
- Adult ADHD guidelines (PDF, 821 kB) Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of adult ADHD.
- Alcohol and drug withdrawal (PDF, 1819 kB) Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of alcohol and drug withdrawal in Queensland.
- Quick guide for general practitioners (PDF, 268 kB) Clinical guidelines for the use of opioids in chronic non-malignant pain.
- Queensland regulatory requirements (PDF, 118 kB) Tips for general practitioners.
- Opioid contract (PDF, 573 kB) Reasons for opioid contracts and an example of an opioid contract for use by general practitioners.