Enquiry service for clinicians
The Department of Health operates a confidential telephone enquiry service, 13 S8INFO (13 78 46), for medical practitioners which is currently available between 8am and 8pm, 7 days a week. The enquiry service can provide confidential information to doctors/medical practitioners regarding:
- Schedule 8 medicines a person has obtained (e.g. oxycodone, morphine)
- whether a person is on the Queensland Opioid Treatment Program for treatment of their drug dependence
- whether a person is known to be drug dependent (PDF 81 kB)
- whether there is a current drug treatment approval
- regulatory requirements under the Health (Drugs and Poisons) Regulation 1996
- Approval form for treatment drug dependent patients (known as a Request for Chief Executive Approval (PDF 420 kB))
- Queensland Opioid Treatment Program
To access this service please call 13 78 46.
- Adult ADHD guidelines (PDF 537 kB) Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of adult Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in Queensland.
- Alcohol and drug withdrawal (PDF 1819 kB) Clinical practice guidelines for the treatment of alcohol and drug withdrawal in Queensland.
- Quick guide for general practitioners (PDF 299 kB) Clinical guidelines for the use of opioids in chronic non-malignant pain.
- Queensland regulatory requirements (PDF 234 kB) Tips for general practitioners prescribing Schedule 8 (S*) medicines.
- Opioid contract (PDF 806 kB) Reasons for opioid contracts and an example of an opioid contract for use by general practitioners.