Public health and infection control guidance
This page links Queensland clinicians to the latest COVID-19 public health and infection control information, alongside guidance on pathology and laboratory testing.
- Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) CDNA National Guidelines for Public Health Units (Source: Australian Government)
This document summarises interim recommendations for surveillance, infection control, laboratory testing and contact management for the novel coronavirus. It is updated frequently.
- Interim infection prevention and control guidelines for the management of COVID-19 in healthcare settings. Version 1.13, 24 June 2020(PDF 982 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Appendix 2 – Patient placement (cohorting) advice (PDF 65 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Appendix 3 – PPE Quick reference guide (PDF 404 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Appendix 4 – Infection control guidelines for fever clinics for COVID-19 (PDF 169 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Appendix 5 - Properties of PPE use in healthcare (PDF, 297KB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Communicable disease control guidance – COVID-19 (Source: Queensland Health)
This page provides information on coronavirus including a case report form and public health management guidelines.
- Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare (2019) (Source: Australian Government)
National Health and Medical Research Council guidelines provide information about standard and additional precautions, including recommended cleaning and duration of precautions (Table A2.3).
Information for consumers, including current advice on the number of confirmed cases in Queensland, can be found at COVID-19 coronavirus information for Queenslanders.