Public health and infection control guidance
This page links Queensland clinicians to the latest COVID-19 public health and infection control information, alongside guidance on pathology and laboratory testing.
- Infection control advice guidelines for swab collection in hotel quarantine (PDF 186 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
This document sets out the minimum infection control requirements for specimen collection in hotel quarantine.
- Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) CDNA National Guidelines for Public Health Units (Source: Australian Government)
This document summarises interim recommendations for surveillance, infection control, laboratory testing and contact management for the novel coronavirus. It is updated frequently.
- for consultation Interim infection prevention and control guidelines for the management of COVID-19 in healthcare settings. Version 1.20, 19 July 2021(PDF 1094 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
- Please note: links to appendices have been removed in anticipation of a statewide consultation on the interim guideline (version 1.20 19 July 2021), current versions of the appendices are available in the interim guideline.
- Personal protective equipment in healthcare delivery (PDF 298 kB) (Source: Queensland Health) Health facilities in restricted Local Government Areas should apply the moderate risk PPE escalation.
- Communicable disease control guidance – COVID-19 (Source: Queensland Health)
This page provides information on coronavirus including a case report form and public health management guidelines.
- Australian Guidelines for the Prevention and Control of Infection in Healthcare (2019) (Source: Australian Government)
National Health and Medical Research Council guidelines provide information about standard and additional precautions, including recommended cleaning and duration of precautions (Table A2.3).
- Management of COVID-19 outbreaks in hospital setting guideline (PDF 417 kB) (Source: Queensland Health)
This document provides interim guidance on the public health management of an outbreak of COVID-19 in a Queensland Health hospital setting.
Information for consumers, including current advice on the number of confirmed cases in Queensland, can be found at COVID-19 coronavirus information for Queenslanders.