Other recommended resources
This page links Queensland clinicians to a range of guidelines to support pandemic preparedness, their mental health and wellbeing, and links to data and research.
Pandemic planning and resources
- Australian Health Sector Emergency Response Plan for Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
This plan guides the Australian health sector response to COVID-19.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) resources for health professionals, including pathology providers and healthcare managers (Source: Australian Government).
This collection of resources replaces previous information sheets for emergency departments, primary and community health workers, and healthcare and residential care workers.
- Guiding principles for complex decision making during Pandemic COVID-19 – Australian and New Zealand Intensive Care Society.
- Guidance on potential changes to anaesthetic drug usage and administration during pandemic emergency pressures (PDF 223 kB)
- Pandemic Management Plan Queensland Police Detainees and COVID-19 (PDF 3752 kB) – reference document to guide the safe care of those in QPS and Watch House custody during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Metro North Health COVID virtual care services - assessment and referral of custodians accommodated in a watch house (DOCX 257 kB) – This document is a de-identified template from Metro North that other Hospital and Health Services could adapt for local use (or they can use existing virtual ward templates).
Healthcare worker wellbeing
- Clinician wellbeing fact sheet (PDF 313 kB)
- Pandemic Kindness Website
Created by clinicians from across the nation, this website provides respected, evidence-informed resources to support the wellbeing of the health workforce.
- Boost your Healthy
Developed by Health and Wellbeing Queensland, this website provides support, inspiration and ideas to stay healthy and active during COVID-19.
- Looking after your mental health – Australian Department of Health
Research, data and useful links
- Novel coronavirus topic in Queensland Health's Clinical Knowledge Network (CKN)
DynaMed, the Clinical Knowledge Network's (CKN) primary point of care tool, has created a new topic for novel coronavirus.
- National COVID-19 Clinical Evidence Taskforce
‘Living’ guidelines developed by a panel of experts and updated with new research in near real-time in order to give reliable, up-to-the minute advice to clinicians providing frontline care in this unprecedented global health crisis.