Clinical Prioritisation Criteria - ICT solution
Clinical Prioritisation Criteria (CPC) stakeholders have been clear that an Information and Communication Technology (ICT) solution to support CPC utilisation is essential.
Architecture and design activities have begun to investigate what an ICT solution may look like, with active participation and input being provided from a range of clinicians, Primary Health Networks, software vendors, health services, and relevant reference sites.
Requirements are currently being defined to guide the development of technology solutions for CPC. Requirements include:
- CPC to reside centrally as a single source of truth
- CPC to be exposed consistently across all interfaces, referrer system, health service system
- CPC design to be modular to enable implementation in any technology setting
- CPC to be maintained and governed in accordance with best practice information management principles
- CPC ICT implementation to minimise referral workflow change and strive for a lightweight means of exposure and uptake in all scenarios.