PallConsult is a 24/7 phone-advice service for clinicians who wish to speak to a palliative care doctor or nurse for immediate advice. Pall Consult also provides education and teaching.
- 1300 PALLDR (1300 725537) - 24/7 doctor and nurse practitioner advice hotline. Queensland-based doctors and nurse practitioners needing palliative and end-of-life care advice can phone 1300 PALLDR to speak directly with a palliative medicine specialist.
- 1300 PALLCR (1300 725527) - 24/7 nurse and allied health professional advice hotline. Community and RACF nurses and allied health professionals caring for patients at the end of life can phone 1300 PALLCR to speak directly with a specialist palliative care nurse.
- Education and mentoring sessions for community and residential aged care facility staff. Specialist palliative care nurses can provide education to facility staff (face-to-face or virtual) on all aspects of end-of-life and palliative care delivery including advance care planning, symptom management and psycho-social issues.
- Suite of free online resources for health professionals including syringe driver education packages and resources.
- Medical consultant backup palliative care advice for Queensland Ambulance Service paramedics and the Royal Flying Doctors Service.
Visit PallConsult’s website for more information.
Last updated: 10 January 2023