Virtual persistent pain centre
The Queensland collaborative virtual integrated pain centre provides patients in rural and remote Queensland with access to specialist allied health persistent pain services in local facilities.
Telehealth and digital platforms allow allied health clinicians from pain centres to provide support to rural patients to manage persistent pain whilst being facilitated by local health staff.
The aim of the program is to provide high quality interdisciplinary pain management regardless of the distance and isolation experienced by rural and remote patients.
About the program
This program was designed collaboratively with consumers and clinicians to ensure patients living in rural and remote Queensland could access local treatment and support to manage persistent pain.
Providing patients with access to pain management expertise without the need to travel long distances was at the forefront of the program’s design.
Key features of the program include:
- provides access to pain management programs for consumers living in rural and remote areas with persistent pain
- hosted by local rural clinicians and delivered by specialist allied health professionals from the regional tertiary level persistent pain management centres
- virtual delivery with patients engaging in group-based telehealth and internet-based programs
- patient participation in a combination of multidisciplinary group allied health treatments tailored to their individual pain management plan
- provides information and support about the best ways to actively manage persistent pain
- empowers patients to take charge of their pain journey and rediscover meaningful activity to improve their wellbeing and quality of life.
Patients can be referred to this virtual program while also being on a pain centre waitlist.
The Virtual integrated pain centre will operate as a shared care model with the GP remaining responsible for medical care for patients during the program.
The virtual group pathway involves an introduction session followed by a pathway planning session to determine the needs of the patient. The treatment provided by the virtual integrated pain centre involves both group-based telehealth and internet based interventions.
- Consumer information about the Queensland Collaborative Virtual Integrated Pain Centre
- Queensland persistent pain patient information
- Australian pain management association
Queensland Collaborative Virtual Integrated Pain Centre intake hub:
Gold Coast Interdisciplinary Persistent Pain Centre
Phone: 07 5668 6825
Fax: 07 5680 9539