Let's work together towards saving 10,000 lives.
We will involve the community, non-government organisations and businesses in a range of health improvement campaigns as part of our Destination 2030 strategy, to support:
- 10,000 fewer smoking related deaths
- 10,000 fewer people overweight or obese
- 10,000 fewer risky drinkers
- 10,000 people trained in mental health first aid
- Closing the 2-year life expectancy gap
- Closing the 12-year indigenous life expectancy gap
For more information about the 10,000 lives movement email 10000Lives@health.qld.gov.au
Smoking tobacco remains the leading cause of preventable death in Australia.
By the year 2030, we want to reduce the rate of daily smokers in Central Queensland from 17% to 10%.
That’s 20,000 fewer smokers, which would result in 10,000 lives saved from smoking-related death and disease.
Quitline - free and confidential help to quit
Research shows that using nicotine replacement therapy with counselling more than doubles your chance of quitting for good.
Quitline is a confidential, free service that will provide you with information, advice and assistance tailored to your needs.
Counsellors are available 7am-10pm, 7 days a week.
All Central Queensland smokers are eligible for:
- 12 weeks of free nicotine replacement therapy (posted to your home)
- 4 confidential call backs with a Quitline counsellor to support you through quitting
Call Quitline now on 13 78 48
Health and nutrition resources
Diet and nutrition
Health management programs