Expression of Interest Health Consumer Representative role: Patient Safety Quality and Risk Committee
14 November 2022
We are inviting our patients, carers, and consumers (past or present) in the Central Queensland region to be involved in our Patient Safety Quality and Risk Committee.
This role would suit anyone who has interest in patient safety and quality information.
If you have some knowledge and/or ability to understand safety, quality, and risk related data, this would be of benefit, however not a must, and we will provide support.
This is a formal health consumer representative role, with payment available for the successful applicant/s, to value the time you contribute to our committee if you choose to claim.
This committee’s role is to promote a positive culture of quality and safety for the health service. The committee will review and discuss patient safety data and other key quality, safety and risk related information and initiatives.
This role will support and enable a consumer voice in our decision making related to patient safety.
A consumer, and importantly, someone that is not a health care professional can talk about lived experience and, in many cases, provide a broader community perspective.
This is an important role in consumer and community engagement and will help us with service planning and decision-making.
Your participation on our high-level committees and networks would help us deliver these key aims:
- Improve health outcomes and quality of care for our consumers.
- Improve people’s experience and satisfaction with the health service.
- Improve health service delivery.
- Support or develop strategies to promote community participation, cultural and diversity awareness.
- Keep the health service informed on priority areas or issues or matters of community interest or concern.
- Provide feedback on health service operation, planning and policy development.
Please read the role description
To apply visit: https://cqhealth.citizenspace.com/engagement/7dc71e54
Applications close Friday 25 November 2022.