Be a part of BreastScreen Rockhampton's LGBTIQ+ Advisory Group
1 March 2021
BreastScreen’s Rockhampton Service is happy to announce the creation of an LGBTIQ+ (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer) advisory group and we invite you to be a part of this exciting and important initiative.
The purpose of the advisory group is to help us improve people’s experiences when accessing BreastScreen and increase breast screening rates for eligible LGBTIQ+ community members across Central Queensland and Central West.
Your involvement will help us improve our ability to provide safe, compassionate care that is attentive to everyone’s individual needs and circumstances.
- interested in LGBTIQ+ health?
- a health consumer who identifies as part of the LGBTIQ+ community?
- living in Central Queensland or Central West regions?
- interested in enhancing the safety, quality of care and experience provided at BreastScreen Queensland?
Are you willing and able to:
- attend meetings in person or online four times a year?
- volunteer a couple of hours of your time to give feedback to the advisory group?
- provide an objective patient, carer or consumer view on LGBTIQ+ matters in relation to breast cancer screening?
If Yes please apply here https://cqhealth.citizenspace.com/engagement/c56b6856
Applications open from 1 March and close on 31 March 2021.
For more information please call Roxanne Hodda BreastScreen 0438 274 303.