Changes to services, entry and visitors
In line with the updated Chief Health Officer's hospital visitors directive, visitors are restricted across Queensland.
These restrictions mean you can only visit someone in hospital if you are:
Any person (other than a patient) permitted to enter a hospital must not enter, or remain on, the premises without wearing a face mask.
We acknowledge there may be special circumstances where additional support may be needed. If this is the case, please discuss it with the nurse unit manager or director of nursing of the facility before visiting.
We understand this is hard, and we know visitors play an important role in a patient’s recovery. Technology makes it easy to stay in touch remotely, and we encourage you to stay connected through phone, text, email, social media or video-chat.
You must not enter or remain at a hospital in Queensland (unless you are a patient of the hospital) if you:
- have been diagnosed with COVID-19 (unless no longer subject to a direction to self-isolate) or
- have a temperature equal to or higher than 37.5 degrees or symptoms consistent with COVID-19; or
- have been tested for COVID-19 and has not yet received the results of that test; or
- during the last 14 days :
- arrived in Australia from overseas; or
- have been in a COVID-19 hotspot; or
- had known contact with a person who is a confirmed case of COVID-19;
You will be required to sign in on entry by scanning a QR code via your phone camera or the free EVA check-in app.
- Open the camera app on your phone and point it at the QR code. If your camera recognises the QR code you should be prompted to open 'evacheckin.com’ in your browser.
- You can also download the EVA app on the App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android).
- If you are having trouble signing in or do not have a phone with you please see one of our staff members at the main entry who can help you.
Please follow the directions of our staff. You may experience some delays, thank you for your patience.
CQ Health respects the privacy of all patients, families and visitors. Information is available below on how we manage your data: