2017 CQ Health Awards
2017 CQ Health Awards recognise star performers
Central Queensland Hospital and Health Service has recognised its star performers in its 2017 MedRecruit CQ Health Staff Recognition Awards, with a gala presentation at CQ Leagues Club in Rockhampton last night (Thursday).
Team of the Year is Biloela Hospital Operational Services team, and Employee of the Year is Paediatric Nurse Educator Bree Walker.
The Biloela team were recognised for their care of co-workers and their community. They regularly hold fund-raisers and offer support to workmates in need, and every year make sure Meals on Wheels clients have a Christmas lunch to remember.
Bree was chosen because she has displayed all of our health service’s core values of care, commitment, integrity and respect in her 14 years with CQ Health. She is always willing to go above and her role not only in her area of Paediatrics, but for anyone who needs a hand.
Chief Executive Steve Williamson said health workers were caring people by nature and did not enter their chosen profession for public accolades, but it was essential they feel valued for their contribution to the community.
“These annual awards are a small way of us saying a big ‘thank-you’ to our wonderful staff for their dedication and commitment to providing top-class health care to Central Queenslanders,” he said.
“It’s all a part of building a great place to work, and recognising our staff who show good examples of living by CQ Health’s values – Care, Integrity, Respect and Commitment.
“We received almost 200 nominations in this year’s awards, which is a great indication of the pride our staff have in their teams and each other.
“It was a very difficult task for the judges to choose winners from a stellar field, and I thank them for their efforts.
“I congratulate all of our winners, but also the other finalists and nominees. I am very proud to lead such a fantastic team and I know they deserve to be thanked for the effort they put in every day to care for their fellow Central Queenslanders.”
Highlights from the 2017 Staff Awards
2017 Award winners:
- MedRecruit Team of the Year Award: Biloela Operational Services
- Vanguard Health Employee of the Year Award: Bree Walker
- Clinical Excellence Award: Pharmacists Celia Anich and Anjela Pham-Nguyen
- Compassion Award: Biloela Midwife Maria Fogarty
- Community (People’s Choice) Award: Capricorn Coast Emergency Department
- CQ Health Values Award: Anne-Marie Rawson from Gladstone Pharmacy Department
- Improvement and Innovation Award: Rockhampton Hospital Surgical Unit
- Inclusion and Diversity Award: Woorabinda Health Service
- Chairman’s Award for Outstanding Achievement: ICU Director Dr David Austin
- Chief Executive’s Behind the Scenes Award: Business Assurance Analyst Sandi Brill.