Central Queensland Hospital and Health Board
The Central Queensland Hospital and Health Board sets the strategic direction and oversees the management of CQ Health. The Board reports to the Minister of Health and consists of ten independent non-executive Directors, selected by the Governor-in-Council. The board charter specifies the role and responsibilities of the Board in detail.
- Cr Paul Bell AM - Board Chair
- Dr Poya Sobhanian
- Professor Leone Hinton
- Mr Francis Houlihan
- Ms Karen Smith
- Mr Graeme Kanofski
- Ms Elizabeth Baker
- Dr Anna Vanderstaay
- Ms Lisa Caffery
Read more about our Board Members.
There are four committees in place to assist with monitoring the health service’s systems of internal control, financial reporting and clinical safety and quality.
- Executive Committee | Terms of Reference (PDF, 58KB)
- Finance and Resource Committee | Terms of Reference (PDF, 145KB)
- Safety and Quality Committee | Terms of Reference (PDF, 62KB)
- Audit and Risk Committee | Terms of Reference (PDF, 170KB)
The Board meets monthly. Meeting dates are listed in the 2017 Board meeting calendar (PDF 142 kB).
The Board publishes a summary of the key points discussed and decisions made at each meeting. View Board meeting resolutions.