Great Care, Great Experience
Safe, compassionate care, delivered to the highest standards, close to home, with consumers at the heart of all we do
- Rigorous quality and innovation program focussed on great patient experience and outcomes.
- Digital transformation of services across Central Queensland designed to enable greater collaboration between patients and health care providers, more choice and better experience. The digital transformation will provide a new level of partnership, decision support, safety and data analysis to drive quality, efficiency and promote innovative new models of care across the patient journey.
- Clinical services masterplan which ensures a planned, staged program of increasing access and availability of services locally, to enable the people of Central Queensland to access care closer to home. The masterplan will include specific aged care, mental health, preventive health and Close the Gap strategies for Central Queensland.
- A culture of engagement, partnership, compassion and service to the great people of Central Queensland to become a trusted provider of care.
- Our digital health service will connect health wherever it is delivered to support radical improvements in care, enabling a digital, paperless hospital and health service, expanded Telehealth, and wherever possible digitally connecting our services with those of our partners including General Practitioners to support seamless care for our patients.
- Rockhampton Hospital is a regional centre, reducing the need to travel to Brisbane, providing quicker diagnosis and intervention in acute services like cardiology and vascular services for all Central Queenslanders.
- Working in a clinical network, Gladstone, Emerald and Biloela hospitals will provide enhanced hospital services at these key regional hubs to improve access and outcomes for residents across Central Queensland.
- A network of smaller local hospitals across Banana, Central Highlands and wider Central Queensland will ensure we maintain local access to hospital and health services for our rural communities.
- We will be a State leader in transforming care through our out-of-hospital and allied health services and partnerships with other health providers, and in transforming care through digital technology.
- All of these elements will enable CQ Health to deliver great care and support our communities to be amongst the healthiest in the world.
Last updated: 26 July 2019