Cardiac Investigations Unit – Rockhampton Hospital
Direct general practitioner requests for cardiac investigations are not accepted. If private options are not feasible, request a non-acute cardiology assessment and investigations will be arranged as needed by the treating specialist.
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitor
- Exercise Electrocardiogram (Exercise ECG)
- Holter or Event Monitoring
- Stress Echocardiogram
Clinical Measurements Department – Gladstone Hospital
- Exercise Electrocardiogram (Exercise ECG) Criteria: patient aged > 16 years.
- Holter Monitoring
Requests will be reviewed by physician and senior clinician. Appointments will be arranged.
- Complete the appropriate request form.
- Send the signed written request via fax to (07) 4976 3232.
- Inform the patient:
- Ensure they are aware of the request and the reason for being assessed.
- To advise of any change in circumstance (e.g., getting worse or becoming pregnant) as this may affect the request for assessment.
- Discuss that this request is for a cardiac investigation only (not specialist appointment).