Rockhampton Hospital Clinical Measurements Department:
- Pre- and post‑spirometry
- Gas transfer
- Static lung volumes
- Overnight pulse oximetry
- 6 minute walk test
- Bronchoprovocation (pre-and post‑spirometry required prior)
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)
- Sleep deprived EEG
- Peripheral nerves detailed below:
- Upper limb – median (motor & sensory), ulnar (motor and sensory), radial (sensory)
- Lower limb – tibial (motor), peroneal (motor), sural (sensory)
Note there will not be a neurologist report from the test.
Sleep services (in partnership with Royal Brisbane and Women's Hospital):
- Access sleep services close to home via telehealth
- Sleep studies
- CPAP provision program (for eligible patients)
- Download: Sleep referral form and the accompanying patient questionnaire .
Gladstone Hospital Clinical Measurements Department:
- Spirometry and reversibility
- patients aged > 16 years
- Alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use.
- Details of any associated medical conditions which may affect the condition or its treatment, e.g. diabetes, seizure disorder. These must be stable and controlled before making a request.
- Special requirements, e.g. bed bound, falls risk, oxygen required, any disability (intellectual or physical) which could affect compliance with testing.
- Current medications and dosages
Inform the patient
- Ensure they are aware of the request and the reason for being assessed.
- Explain the request is for an investigation only – they will not see a specialist.
- To advise of any change in circumstance (e.g., getting worse or becoming pregnant) as this may affect the request for assessment.