Cancer Care Coordination Service
The Cancer Care Coordinator (CCC) is a Registered Nurse based at the Rockhampton Hospital. The CCC provides a point of contact for patients, families, carers and other health professionals. Affected people can contact the Coordinator for help without a referral.
When can the Cancer Care Coordinator help?
- At diagnosis or recurrence of disease
- If you have complex needs
- During treatment, particularly as an outpatient
- When transferring between metropolitan and regional hospitals for investigations, reviews and treatments.
- Before and after surgery.
What assistance can the Cancer Care Coordinator provide?
- Provide general information about diagnosis and treatment
- Coordination and facilitation of appointments, tests, procedures and treatment
- Introduction and referral to available services
- Support and a point of contact during all stages of treatment
- Facilitate communication between the patient, Medical, nursing and Allied Health professionals.