Haematology (blood disorders)
We specialise in care and treatment for a wide range of conditions and diseases related to the blood. This includes:
- anaemia and other abnormal blood counts
- most bleeding and clotting disorders including deep vein thrombosis
- most cancers related to the blood including lymphomas (cancer of the lymph nodes), myeloma (cancer of plasma cells), myelodysplastic syndromes (bone marrow conditions) and leukaemia.
- myeloproliferative disorders (bone marrow condition).
- comprehensive diagnosis (including bone marrow biopsy)
- management of patients staying at the hospital
- treatment including chemotherapy, venesection, iron infusion, blood transfusion and intravenous immunoglobulin therapy
- consultative service across different specialities at the hospital outpatient clinics
- plasma exchange.
How to access this service
To access this service, your GP or medical practitioner will need to send a referral letter to the hospital.
If there is a waiting list, you will receive a confirmation letter and be advised on what to do next. If there is no waiting list, you will receive an appointment booking letter or we will contact you to arrange a suitable time for your appointment.