Paediatric services (children's services)
Our paediatric service cares for and treats children for a wide range of conditions, from newborns up to the age of 16 years. We offer a family friendly, safe and supportive environment for children and their families.
We have a dedicated team of health professionals including doctors, nurses and healthcare professionals who are highly experienced in caring for sick children.
- Children’s Specialist Outpatient clinics
- Allied Health (speech therapy, occupational therapy, dietetics, psychology and social work)
- Fracture Clinic (including soft tissue injury clinic)
- Children's Ward (inpatient services - Rockhampton Hospital)
- Paediatric Medical, Surgical and Short Stay ward
- Sleeping facilities for parents and carers to stay overnight with their child
- Age appropriate furniture, decor and play areas
- Parent’s lounge
How to access this service
Your child will need a referral letter from your GP or medical practitioner outlining your medical concerns to access this service.
Once we receive the referral we will send you a letter either offering an appointment, letting you know your name has been placed on a waiting list, or advising alternative services. Please note if accepted your child will be allocated a category on the children’s outpatient wait list according to need, based on the information provided in the GP’s referral letter.
You can access inpatient services through:
- Emergency or Outpatient Departments
- An inter-hospital transfer