Prostate Cancer Specialist Nurse
We provide free care and support to those affected by prostate cancer, their partners/carers and family, at any stage during or after treatment. It does not matter how many years have passed since diagnosis or treatment.
- reliable information about diagnosis and treatment options
- information, care and support to help manage the side effects of treatment
- help with accessing services at hospital or in the community
- help with accessing a support group
- community speaking and education to interested groups/people
- a point of contact for patients
Who can access this service
This service can be accessed by patients of Rockhampton Hospital who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer. We can also provide general information about prostate cancer, side effects and support services to members of the general public who self-refer. Partners or carers can access the service for information and guidance.
How to access this service
Phone or email referrals are accepted from patients, partner/carer/family member, GP’s, urologists, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and other health professionals internal and external to Rockhampton Hospital.