How to apply
To apply for the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme:
- Complete the Patient Registration Form (Form A) | Form A user guide
- Complete the Travel Referral Form (Form B) | Form B user guide
- Attach your referral and appointment letter
- Complete the vendor setup form (PDF 50 kB)
- If you’ll be travelling with a wheelchair, complete the wheelchair information form (PDF 119 kB)
- Lodge to your nearest patient travel office.
First time applicants
If it’s your first time applying for travel assistance we recommend visiting your local travel office to lodge your application in person. Travel office staff can provide you with detailed information and answer your questions.
Applying for the PTSS after you’ve travelled (retrospective applications)
If you didn’t know about the Patient Travel Subsidy Scheme, you will be allowed to make a retrospective application for the PTSS. This exception will only be made once.