The Allied Health Telehealth Capacity Building Scoping Project is a joint initiative of the Allied Health Professions' Office of Queensland (AHPOQ), Health Service and Clinical Innovation Division, Department of Health and the Cunningham Centre, Darling Downs Hospital and Health Service (DDHHS). The recommendations from the completion report form the basis of the Allied Health Telehealth Capacity Building Implementation Plan. An outline of the implementation project is located here.
The three objectives of the Allied Health Telehealth Capacity Building Implementation Plan are addressed by:
- Objective 1 | The Allied Health Telehealth education package
- Objective 2 | The Alllied Health Telehealth Network
- Objective 3 | The Evaluation Resource Guide.
The Allied Health Telehealth education package
The Allied Health Telehealth education package addresses objective 1 of the Allied Health Telehealth Capacity Building Implementation Plan. The Cunningham Centre has developed an online, on demand training package available to all Queensland Health staff. This package is designed to increase clinician capability in the use of telehealth for the delivery of allied health clinical services in Queensland Hospital and Health Services. Further details regarding this package are listed below.
The Allied Health Telehealth Network
The Allied Health Telehealth Network addresses objective 2 of the Allied Health Telehealth Capacity Building Implementation Plan. The Network commenced in 2015 and provides members with opportunities to share information and develop collaborative partnerships through three main methods:
- opt-in email group coordinated by the Cunningham Centre for dissemination of information on telehealth collaboration, education / training, information sharing opportunities
- intranet/internet page for publishing of key documents such as information on networking structures, presentation schedule, summary information from previous presentations (AHPOQ or Cunningham Centre) [in development]
- scheduled videoconference presentations on allied health telehealth services implemented in Queensland HHSs (and other agencies if relevant).
To join the network please complete the survey here.
The Evaluation Resource Guide
The Evaluation Resource Guide addresses objective 3 of the Allied Health Telehealth Capacity Building Implementation Plan.
Further information and external access
If you are external to Queensland Health and would like to discuss access to this education package or other telehealth resources, please contact Allied Health Education and Training, Cunningham Centre
t. 07 4699 8097