Eat Walk Engage Program
Eat Walk Engage is a program aiming to improve care and health outcomes of our older inpatients by preventing delirium (confusion) and promoting recovery.
The three key program goals are:
- Early and regular movement
- Optimal nutrition and hydration
- Meaningful cognitive and social activities.
The benefits of this program include:
- Prevents delirium (confusion)
- Improves movement of the body and reduces functional decline
- Reduces length of stay in hospital
- Increases discharge home
- Improves teamwork
- Improves knowledge and skills in caring for older people
- Integrates older person friendly design principles.