Community Child, Youth and Family Health Services
The Community Child, Youth and Family Health Service provides a range of health and support services for children and their parents/carers to give every child the best possible start in life.
Services are available to children and families from birth and are offered in your home, at our health facilities and some community centres.
Care is provided by team of child health nurses and specialised allied health clinicians.
All services are free of charge for Medicare eligible clients.
Some services require referrals.
Toowoomba Centre Information
The centre is located at 298 Ruthven Street, Toowoomba.
Parking is available at the back of the building via Ann Street.
We are open Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4.30pm (closed public holidays).
Contact 4616 6812 to make an appointment or for more information.
Toowoomba services include:
- Drop-in clinic. Held every weekday morning from 9am to noon (closed public holidays). No appointment is necessary. A child health nurse can provide general health advice and measurements of babies. If further information or services are required your child health nurse will provide a referral or schedule an appointment
- Assistance with sleep and settling concerns
- Growth and development checks
- Breast feeding and early feeding support
- Nutritional information and ongoing infant/child feeding support
- Parenting support and support with behavioral concerns
- Paediatric continence service
- Hearing clinics - we provide hearing screening for children aged between four and 18 years. A referral from your GP is needed for this service.