COVID-19 and clinical placements
Clinical placements restrictions in Queensland
Changed vaccination requirements now apply to students attending clinical placements in Queensland.
Restricted areas: Students may attend clinical placements in facilities within restricted areas if they are fully vaccinated.
Impacted areas: Students may attend clinical placements in facilities within impacted areas if they are fully vaccinated.
For all other areas of Queensland: Full vaccination against COVID-19 will be required by 11 November 2021. Full vaccination will be required for all clinical placements in Queensland Health facilities after this date.
- Please refer to relevant Directions for classifications of restricted and impacted areas.
- Please refer to relevant Directions for implications of clinical placement attendance for students attending placements in non-restricted or non-impacted areas who have been in a restricted or impacted area prior to placement.
- Full vaccination means a student has received the prescribed number of doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccination.
Directions for vulnerable facilities have been updated with these new requirements:
- Hospital Entry Direction (No. 5 or its successors) – with particular reference to Part 5
- Residential Aged Care Direction (No. 9 or its successors)
- Disability Accommodation Services Direction (No. 24 or its successors)
Single Directions should not be read without consideration of other Directions in effect. In addition to vulnerable facilities Directions, the following are of most relevance to clinical placements:
- Queensland COVID-19 Restricted Areas (No. 28 or its successors)
- Restrictions for Impacted Areas (No. 19 or its successors)
- any relevant Direction/s regarding restricted and/or impacted areas.
Please refer to the Queensland Government website for the current Chief Health Officer public health directions. These Directions include definitions of hospitals and facilities as they relate to any restrictions that may be in place.
Students whose clinical placement may be affected by these Directions should contact their education provider in the first instance to discuss placement completion options.
This information was updated at 3:30pm 11 October 2021.
COVID-19 (coronavirus) - information for registered professions
The Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) and the National Boards routinely release information for professions registered under the National Regulation and Accreditation Scheme. Updates may be found at https://www.ahpra.gov.au/News.aspx.
COVID-19 (coronavirus) – general information
The Australian Government Department of Health has released factsheets in relation to coronavirus (COVID-19).