Visiting Medical Officer employees
Visiting medical officers (VMOs) enhance full-time medical specialist services by providing speciality input in a number of disciplines throughout the state and advanced specialities at major metropolitan and provincial hospitals. VMOs are a key and valued employee group and are integral to the achievement of strategic priorities.
VMOs are engaged by Hospital and Health Services and the Department of Health on individual employment contracts, as implemented from 4 August 2014 through:
- Health Employment Directive 05/18 - Visiting Medical Officers: Employment framework (PDF,271kB)
- Attachment 1 Visiting medical officer - Contract of Employment (PDF, 263kB)
- Attachment 2 Visiting medical officers - Terms and conditions of employment contracts (PDF, 349kB)
- Attachment 3 Total remuneration framework conditions for visiting medical officers (PDF, 208kB)
- Health Employment Directive 02/18 - Visiting medical officers: Fuel allowance (PDF, 173kB)
- Health Employment Directive 03/18 - Visiting medical officers: Professional development allowance (PDF, 140kB)
- Health Employment Directive 04/18 - Visiting medical officers: Interim arrangement - Wage increase (PDF, 274kB)
- On-call arrangement clarification for visiting medical officers (PDF, 182kB)
Contact EmploymentRelations@health.qld.gov.au for further information regarding the employment framework.