Skip links and keyboard navigation

What you need to work for Queensland Health

There are certain things you need to do before you can apply for a job with Queensland Health if you are an overseas applicant.

Professional registration

Before you can apply for a job with us, you need to gain registration as a health professional in Australia. You can do this through the relevant board for your field. You can find information on the national boards on the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (Ahpra) website.

Depending on your profession, you may need to have your overseas qualifications recognised through a regulatory authority for your speciality or discipline. Find out about requirements to practice for the following professions:

Visa requirements

You’ll need a visa to work for us. We can help with your visa requirements if you’re successful in gaining a job with us.

There are a range of Department of Home Affairs visas, however the most common are:

You can also apply for the Skilled Independent visa (points tested stream) on your own.

Last updated: 29 April 2022