About rural opportunities
Rural and remote careers offer a diverse and supportive environment to make a big difference in a small community.
Achieving equity in health outcomes for rural and remote Queenslanders is complex. With no two days ever the same, when you choose to work in a rural or remote location, we will support you to:
- work to the top of your clinical scope
- work in a true multidisciplinary team
- care for a variety of acute, primary, and chronic conditions
- make a difference to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health
- access professional development and support networks to foster your skills and develop leadership
- access a range of financial benefits such as rural and remote allowances.
Rural and remote career opportunities are available across many of our Hospital and Health Services. To find vacancies, or register to receive updates, visit SmartJobs.
Find out more about rural and remote healthcare.
Opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
We have roles in our hospitals, primary health care centres or community-controlled health services in rural areas.
We have roles for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Health Workers and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Liaison Officers. We also encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to apply for all our other roles.
Find out more about our Opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.