All jobs in Queensland Health have pre-employment screening as part of our application process.
We do pre-employment checks after we've ranked you as suitable for a position, but before you're appointed to the role.
Your hiring manager can tell you which checks apply, and these will vary depending on the role you've applied for.
All roles require a criminal history check. If your hiring manager doesn't give you one, you can download a criminal history consent form (PDF 283 kB).
You can find more information in our Criminal history checking policy (PDF 1926 kB).
Other checks we may conduct include:
- reference checks
- Working with Children Check
- Aged Care Check
- NDIS Worker Screening Check
- Professional registration, membership and qualification check
- Australian working rights check
- radiation licensing safety
- biosecurity fit and proper person check
- Corrective services criminal history check
- Security background check
- Serious discipline history check
- other probity checks, such as internet search, bankruptcy search and insolvency register check.
Another common check we do is for your vaccination status. Read more about our mandatory vaccination requirements.
If specific qualifications are a mandatory requirement of the role, you'll need to give us original or certified copies of your supporting documents.
We'll accept copies certified by a justice of the peace, commissioner of declarations, barrister or solicitor or notary public.