Guaranteed offer graduates (applicant group A)
Applicant group A candidates are guaranteed an offer of an intern position in Queensland for their immediate postgraduate year. They are allocated directly to an intern position (either automatically or via random ballot) without participating in a merit selection process.
Applicant Group A applicants are guaranteed offer graduates.
The number of first preference nominations for each participating hospital at the close of applications will inform how Applicant group A candidates are allocated to an intern position.
You are automatically allocated to an intern position at your nominated first preference hospital if it is:
- equal in numbers - the number of first preferences (from all Applicant group A candidates) is equal to the number of intern positions available at the hospital; or
- undersubscribed - the number of first preferences (from all Applicant group A candidates) is less than the number of intern positions available at the hospital.
You are allocated to an intern position via a random ballot if your nominated first preference hospital is:
- oversubscribed - the number of first preferences (from all Applicant group A candidates) is greater than the number of intern positions available at the hospital. All Applicant group A candidates who nominated an oversubscribed hospital will participate in the ballot.
The ballot process and allocation of ‘Applicant group A candidates’ to an intern position is centrally coordinated by the Department of Health. Offers will be released via the application portal on a nationally-aligned date for first round offers.
You have 48 hours to accept or decline the intern offer via the online application portal. If you have been balloted to a hospital that is not your first preference, you can choose to ‘tentatively accept’ this offer.
Read about the recruitment and selection process.
A second stage of first round offers (roll-back process) aims to match Applicant group A candidates who tentatively accepted a first round offer to a higher preference hospital.
Read about the roll-back process
Approved special considerations and exemptions:
You are still subject to the ballot process if you:-
- approved joint ticket holders and you nominated an oversubscribed hospital
- have an approved special consideration for South East corner allocations
You are exempt from the ballot process if you have:
- approved special consideration for individual hospital allocation