Queensland General Paediatric Advanced Training Pathway
The pathway offers an optional two-year program (from advanced training year one) which allows trainees to meet all core requirements for general paediatric advanced training with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP), including the community/developmental component.
All two-year programs include at least six months in a rural or regional site. The third year of advanced training is independent from the pathway allowing flexibility for trainees to tailor their final year according to their specific educational and career interests.
This pathway may suit trainees who:
- want to complete the core general paediatric component in a two-year block
- have a specific interest in regional practice
- intend to pursue dual training in general paediatrics and a sub-specialty.
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- successful completion of the RACP basic physician training, including the written and clinical exams
- commencing your first year of general paediatric advanced training in 2018
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
Australian citizens and permanent residents will be considered before applicants on working visas.
How to apply
Submit your applications through the RMO campaign application portal. Late applications are not accepted.
- How to apply (PDF, 273 KB) – key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- How to preference (PDF, 395 KB)
- Role description (PDF, 216 KB)
- FAQs for new applicants (PDF, 448 KB)
- FAQs for continuing trainees (PDF, 246 KB)
- Appeals (PDF, 179 KB)
Application Period: Wednesday 7 June to Wednesday 5 July 2017
Interviews: All shortlisted applicants will be required to attend an interview in person on either:
- Monday 7 August 2017: Brisbane
- Tuesday 8 August 2017: Gold Coast and Townsville
Selection Decision: Monday 21 August 2017
Training will be hosted primarily at the:
- Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital
- Townsville Hospital
- Gold Coast University Hospital
Other accredited metropolitan and regional hospitals will be extensively used for specific components of the core training, including general paediatric terms. See pathway rotations and secondments for examples of training rotations.