Queensland General Paediatric Advanced Training Network
The network offers an optional two-year program which allows trainees to meet all core requirements for advanced training in general paediatrics with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP), including the community/developmental component.
All two-year programs include at least six months in a rural or regional site. The third year of advanced training is independent from the network allowing flexibility for trainees to tailor their final year according to their specific educational and career interests.
This network may suit trainees who:
- want to complete the core general paediatric component in a two-year block
- have a specific interest in regional practice
- intend to pursue dual training in general paediatrics and a subspecialty.
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- successful completion of the RACP Basic Training including the written and clinical exams (or a pass in the written exam and sitting the clinical exam in 2021)
- commencing first or second year of advanced training in general paediatrics in 2022
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians.
2021 RACP Divisional Clinical Examination status
Selection to a network position is dependent on successful completion of the RACP Divisional Clinical Examination in 2021. Refer to the How to apply guide for further information.
How to apply
- review the role description
- review the How to apply guide - key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- review the How to preference guide
- utilise the CV template and upload to your application
- complete the online application via the Queensland Health RMO Campaign application portal. Late applications are not accepted.
- Application period: Monday 31 May–Monday 28 June 2021
- Interviews: An interview is required for all shortlisted applicants. Interviews will be virtual using the Zoom platform.
- Thursday 29 July 2021 – Townsville
- Monday 2 August 2021 – Brisbane
- Tuesday 3 August 2021 – Gold Coast
- Selection Decision: by Monday 16 August 2021
Training will be hosted primarily at the:
- Queensland Children’s Hospital
- Townsville University Hospital
- Gold Coast University Hospital
Other accredited metropolitan and regional hospitals will be extensively used for specific components of the core training, including general paediatric terms. Refer to:
Medical Vocational Training Pathways: Paediatric-Training@health.qld.gov.au.