Queensland Basic Paediatric Training Network
The network provides centralised recruitment, selection and allocation for doctors intending to commence their first or second year of basic paediatric training in Queensland.
The aim of the network is to improve access to training, broaden the clinical experience available to trainees and increase the capacity for basic paediatric training across Queensland and in Darwin.
Trainees remain on the network for the duration of their basic training subject to ongoing satisfactory performance.
The network supports and promotes paediatric education and training, including the Paediatric Written Examination Preparation Program (PWEPP) - a lecture series to support written exam candidates - and the Paediatric Clinical Examination Preparation Program (PCEPP) – an annual program to support RACP paediatric clinical exam candidates.
An information session relating to the network will be held on Monday 17th May 2021.
The eligibility criteria for new applicants at time of application are:
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- eligible for registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- commencing your first or second year of training in 2021
- commencing your post graduate year three (PGY3) or above in 2021.
Queensland Health must ensure that the recruitment of overseas professionals into clinical roles strengthens the regional economies through the engagement of skills that complement but do not replace the skills of the available local labour market. Only in the circumstance that an Australian applicant pool is insufficient to fill a skilled clinical vacancy may Queensland Health sponsor applicants from the overseas market. (HR policy B46, June 2020).
How to apply
Documents currently being updated for RMO 2022
- review the role description
- review the how to apply
- review the basic paediatric training preference guide
- review FAQs for new or current trainees
- utilise the CV template and upload to your application
- complete the clinical experience template and upload to your application
- complete the online application via the RMO campaign application portal
Application period: Monday 31 May to Monday 28 June 2021
Interviews: An interview is required for all shortlisted applicants. Interviews will be held virtually and further information will be provided to those shortlisted.
- Saturday 7 August 2021
- Monday 9 August 2021
- Tuesday 10 August 2021
Selection Decision: by Friday 27 August 2021
Training will be hosted primarily at:
- Gold Coast University Hospital
- Queensland Children’s Hospital
- Townsville University Hospital
The network requires that all trainees rotate to an outer metropolitan or regional hospital for 12 month period during their 3 year pathway.
Network trainee experience
Network Medical Director
- Dr Vana Sabesan, Medical Vocational Training Pathways, Queensland Country Practice
- Email: Paediatric-Training@health.qld.gov.au
Queensland Directors of Paediatric Education
|Queensland Children’s Hospital||Dr Nitin Kapur||Nitin.Kapur@health.qld.gov.au|
|Queensland Children’s Hospital||Dr David Levitt||David.Levitt@health.qld.gov.au|
|Townsville University Hospital||Dr Vanaja Sabesan||Vanaja.Sabesan@health.qld.gov.au|
|Gold Coast University Hospital||Dr Tung Vu||Tung.Vu@health.qld.gov.au|