Queensland Basic Paediatric Training Network
The network applies to all doctors intending to commence their first or second year of basic paediatric training in Queensland.
The aim of the network is to improve access to training, broaden the clinical experience available to trainees, and increase the capacity for basic paediatric training across Queensland.
Trainees remain on the network for the duration of their basic training subject to ongoing satisfactory performance.
The network supports and promotes paediatric education and training activities, including the Paediatric clinical examination preparation program (PCEPP) for RACP paediatric clinical exam candidates.
- Frequently asked questions about the PCEPP (PDF 75 kB)
- Course aims, learning outcomes, and registration (PDF 290 kB)
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- eligible for registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- commencing your first or second year of training in 2018.
Note: Australian citizens and permanent residents will be considered before applicants on working visas.
How to apply
Submit your application through the RMO online application. Late applications are not accepted.
- How to apply (PDF 205 kB) – key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- How to preference (PDF 591 kB)
- Clinical experience template (XLS 33 kB)
- Role description (PDF 227 kB)
- New applicant FAQs (PDF 222 kB)
- Continuing trainee FAQs (PDF 254 kB)
- Special consideration (PDF 176 kB)
- Appeals (PDF 143 kB)
Application period: Wednesday 7 June to Wednesday 5 July 2017
- Monday 31 July 2017: Townsville
- Tuesday 1 August 2017: Gold Coast
- Wednesday 2 August 2017: Brisbane
Selection decision: by Friday 21 August 2017
Network Medical Director
- Dr Vana Sabesan, Medical Vocational Training Pathways, Queensland Country Practice
- Email: Paediatric-Training@health.qld.gov.au
Queensland Directors of Paediatric Education
|Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital||Dr Nitin Kapur||Nitin.Kapur@health.qld.gov.au|
|Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital||Dr David Levitt||David.Levitt@health.qld.gov.au|
|Townsville Hospital||Dr Vana Sabesan||Vana.Sabesan@health.qld.gov.au|
|Gold Coast Hospital||Dr Pita Birch||Pita.Birch@health.qld.gov.au|