Queensland Basic Paediatric Training Network
As the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to evolve, certain elements of the network selection processes and dates may change. Please check this website regularly for updates.
The network provides centralised recruitment, selection and allocation for doctors intending to commence their first or second year of basic paediatric training in Queensland.
The aim of the network is to improve access to training, broaden the clinical experience available to trainees and increase the capacity for basic paediatric training across Queensland and in Darwin.
Trainees remain on the network for the duration of their basic training subject to ongoing satisfactory performance.
The network supports and promotes paediatric education and training, including the Paediatric Clinical Examination Preparation Program (PCEPP) for RACP paediatric clinical exam candidates.
The 2020 PCEPP course has been cancelled due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- eligible for registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- commencing your first or second year of training in 2020
- commencing your post graduate year three (PGY3) or above in 2020.
How to apply
Submit your application through the RMO Campaign online application. Late applications will not be accepted.
- How to apply (PDF 218 kB)– key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- How to preference (PDF 81 kB)
- Clinical experience template (XLS 138 kB)
- Role description (PDF 138 kB)
- New applicant FAQs (PDF 199 kB)
- Continuing trainee FAQs (PDF 185 kB)
- Special consideration (PDF 189 kB)
- Appeals (PDF 168 kB)
Application period: Monday 3 June to Monday 1 July 2019
- Wednesday 24 July 2019: Gold Coast
- Thursday 25 July 2019: Brisbane
- Saturday 27 July 2019: Townsville
- Tuesday 30 July 2019: Brisbane
Selection decision: by Friday 16 August 2019
Network trainee experience
Network Medical Director
- Dr Vana Sabesan, Medical Vocational Training Pathways, Queensland Country Practice
- Email: Paediatric-Training@health.qld.gov.au
Queensland Directors of Paediatric Education
|Queensland Children’s Hospital||Dr Nitin Kapur||Nitin.Kapur@health.qld.gov.au|
|Queensland Children’s Hospital||Dr David Levitt||David.Levitt@health.qld.gov.au|
|The Townsville Hospital||Dr Vana Sabesan||Vanaja.Sabesan@health.qld.gov.au|
|Gold Coast University Hospital||Dr Tung Vu||Tung.Vu@health.qld.gov.au|