Queensland Basic Paediatric Training Network
The network provides centralised recruitment, selection and allocation for doctors intending to commence their first or second year of basic paediatric training in Queensland.
The aim of the network is to improve access to training, broaden the clinical experience available to trainees and increase the capacity for basic paediatric training across Queensland and in Darwin.
Trainees remain on the network for the duration of their basic training subject to ongoing satisfactory performance.
The network supports and promotes paediatric education and training activities, including the Paediatric clinical examination preparation program (PCEPP) for RACP paediatric clinical exam candidates.
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- permanent residency at time of application
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- eligible for registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
- commencing your first or second year of training in 2019
- commencing your post graduate year three (PGY3) or above in 2019
Note: Australian citizens and permanent residents will be considered before applicants on working visas.
How to apply
Submit your application through the RMO online application. Late applications are not accepted.
- How to apply (PDF 203 kB)– key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- How to preference (PDF 503 kB)
- Clinical experience template (XLS 130 kB)
- Role description (PDF 224 kB)
- New applicant FAQs (PDF 462 kB)
- Continuing trainee FAQs (PDF 255 kB)
- Special consideration (PDF 166 kB)
- Appeals (PDF 146 kB)
Application period: Wednesday 6 June to Wednesday 4 July 2018
- Wednesday 25 July 2018: Gold Coast
- Thursday 26 July 2018: Brisbane
- Saturday 28 July 2018: Townsville
- Tuesday 31 July 2018: Brisbane
Selection decision: by Friday 17 August 2018
Network Medical Director
- Dr Vana Sabesan, Medical Vocational Training Pathways, Queensland Country Practice
- Email: Paediatric-Training@health.qld.gov.au
Queensland Directors of Paediatric Education
|Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital||Dr Nitin Kapur||Nitin.Kapur@health.qld.gov.au|
|Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital||Dr David Levitt||David.Levitt@health.qld.gov.au|
|Townsville Hospital||Dr Vana Sabesan||Vanaja.Sabesan@health.qld.gov.au|
|Gold Coast Hospital||Dr Tung Vu||Tung.Vu@health.qld.gov.au|