Queensland General Medicine Advanced Training Network
As the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic continue to evolve, certain elements of the network selection processes and dates may change. Please check this website regularly for updates.
The network is a centrally-coordinated statewide program for doctors wishing to complete general medicine advanced training in Queensland.
The network facilitates centralised recruitment to general medicine registrar positions across the state, from advanced training year one. Trainees remain on the network for the duration of their general medicine advanced training subject to satisfactory performance
During their time on the network, trainees are supported by a statewide education program – the Queensland Internal Medicine Education Program – which covers core general medical topics with a focus on aspects that are pertinent to practice as a general physician.
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- successful completion of RACP basic physician training that includes EITHER a pass in the written and clinical examinations, OR a pass in the written examination and plan to sit the clinical examination in 2021
Provisional Advanced Training
Selection to a network position for provisional advanced trainees will be dependent on successful completion of the RACP clinical examination in 2021. Refer to the How to apply guide for further information.
How to apply
Prior to completing an online application via the RMO campaign application portal all applicants must review the following:
- RACP General and Acute Care Medicine training requirements
- Role description
- How to apply (updated) including the selection criteria
- Network hospitals (including contacts)
- General Medicine Advanced Training preference guide (updated)
- CV template - complete and upload to your application
Late applications are not accepted.
Application period: Monday 1 June–Monday 29 July 2020
Interviews: An interview is required for all shortlisted applicants. Further information about the interview process will be released in due course.
- Tuesday 25 August 2020
- Wednesday 26 August 2020
Selection decision: Wednesday 2 September 2020