Queensland General Medicine Advanced Training Network
The network is a centrally coordinated statewide program for doctors wishing to complete general medicine advanced training in Queensland.
The network facilitates centralised recruitment to general medicine registrar positions across the state, from advanced training year one. Trainees remain on the network for the duration of their general medicine advanced training subject to satisfactory performance
During their time on the network, trainees are supported by a statewide education program – the Queensland Internal Medicine Education Program – which covers core general medical topics with a focus on aspects that are pertinent to practice as a general physician.
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- successful completion of basic physician training including the written and clinical exams (or sitting the clinical exam in 2021*)
* Note: 2021 Divisional Clinical Exam status
Selection to a network position is dependent on successful completion of the RACP Divisional Clinical Examination in 2021. Refer to the How to apply guide for further information.
How to apply
Prior to completing an online application via the RMO campaign application portal all applicants must review the following:
- RACP General and Acute Care Medicine training requirements
- Role description
- How to apply including the selection criteria
- Network hospitals (including contacts)
- General Medicine Advanced Training preference guide
- CV template - complete and upload to your application
Late applications are not accepted.
Application period: Monday 31 May - Monday 28 June 2021
Interviews: Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend a virtual interview on either:
- Thursday 19 August 2021
- Tuesday 24 August 2021
Selection decision: Wednesday 1 September 2021