Queensland Intensive Care Training Pathway
The pathway provides centralised recruitment, selection and allocation of intensive care medicine trainees to accredited adult and paediatric intensive care units across Queensland. Trainees are appointed to a pathway training hospital for 6 to 12 months. The pathway supports and promotes education and training programs and courses (PDF 226 kB) for trainees.
Trainees remain on the pathway for the duration of their intensive care training, subject to satisfactory performance.
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- General registration with the Medical Board of Australia prior to commencement on the pathway (4th February 2019)
- Registration with the College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (CICM) or eligible to register after completing 6 months experience in a CICM accredited unit
- 2 years or more postgraduate clinical experience (preferably with some experience in critical care medicine).
How to apply
Submit your application through the RMO campaign application portal. Late applications are not accepted.
- How to apply (PDF 263 kB) – key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- How to preference (PDF 205 kB)
- Role description (PDF 75 kB)
- FAQs for new applicants (PDF 273 kB)
- FAQs for continuing pathway trainees (PDF 299 kB)
- Appeals (PDF 178 kB)
Application period: Wednesday 6 June to Wednesday 4 July 2018
Interviews: All shortlisted new applicants will be required to attend an interview in person. Multiple locations will be available on:
- Monday 23 July 2018
- Tuesday 24 July 2018
- Thursday 26 July 2018
Selection decision notification: Week commencing 3 September 2018.