Queensland Intensive Care Training Pathway
The pathway provides centralised recruitment, selection and allocation of intensive care medicine trainees to accredited adult and paediatric intensive care units across Queensland. Trainees are appointed to a pathway training hospital for 6 to 12 months. The pathway supports and promotes education and training programs and courses (PDF 224 kB) for trainees.
Trainees remain on the pathway for the duration of their intensive care training, subject to satisfactory performance.
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- General or limited registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Registration with the College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (CICM) or eligible to register after completing 6 months experience in a CICM accredited unit
- 2 years or more postgraduate clinical experience (preferably with some experience in critical care medicine).
How to apply
Submit your application through the RMO campaign application portal. Late applications are not accepted.
- How to apply (PDF 203 kB) – key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- How to preference (PDF 507 kB)
- Role description (PDF 80 kB)
- FAQs for new applicants (PDF 183 kB)
- FAQs for continuing pathway trainees (PDF 188 kB)
- Appeals (PDF 151 kB)
Application period: Wednesday 7 June to Wednesday 5 July 2017
Interviews: All shortlisted new applicants will be required to attend an interview in person. Multiple locations will be available on:
- Monday 24 July 2017
- Tuesday 25 July 2017
- Thursday 27 July 2017
Selection decision: Tuesday 5 September 2017