Queensland Intensive Care Training Pathway
The pathway provides centralised recruitment, selection and allocation of intensive care medicine trainees to accredited adult and paediatric intensive care units across Queensland. Trainees are appointed to a pathway training hospital for 6 to 12 months. The pathway supports and promotes education and training programs and courses (PDF, 230 kB) for trainees.
Trainees remain on the pathway for the duration of their intensive care training, subject to satisfactory performance.
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- General registration with the Medical Board of Australia prior to commencement on the pathway (3rd February 2020)
- Registration with the College of Intensive Care Medicine of Australia and New Zealand (CICM) or eligible to register after completing 6 months experience in a CICM accredited unit
- 2 years or more postgraduate clinical experience (preferably with some experience in critical care medicine).
How to apply
Submit your application through the RMO campaign application portal. Late applications are not accepted.
- How to apply (PDF, 220 kB) – key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- How to preference (PDF, 85 kB)
- Role description (PDF, 124 kB)
- FAQs for new applicants (PDF, 263 kB)
- FAQs for continuing pathway trainees (PDF, 211 kB)
- Appeals (PDF, 168 kB)
Application period: Monday 3 June to Monday 1 July 2019.
Interviews: All shortlisted new applicants will be required to attend an interview in person.
- Monday 22 July 2019 - Brisbane
- Tuesday 23 July 2019 - Gold Coast
- Wednesday 24 July 2019 - Townsville
- Thursday 25 July 2019 - Sunshine Coast
Selection decision notification: Week commencing 2 September 2019.