Queensland Neonatal and Perinatal Medicine Advanced Training Network
The network offers a three-year program which allows trainees to meet all core requirements for neonatal and perinatal medicine (NPM) advanced training with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP), including projects, neonatal retrievals, long term follow up and surgical components of NPM advanced training.
The network applies to trainees who:
- want to commence neonatal and perinatal medicine advanced training
- intend to pursue dual training in general paediatrics and neonatal and perinatal medicine
The eligibility criteria for new applicants are:
- successful completion of the RACP Basic Paediatric Training, including the written and clinical exams (or a pass in the written exam and awaiting results of the clinical exam or planning to sit the clinical exam in 2022)
- commencing your first year of NPM Advanced Training or have already commenced NPM Advanced Training but will have less than 12 months of accredited training at commencement on the network in 2023.
- general registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- current registration with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians
How to apply
- review the role description
- review the how to apply – key selection criteria and how to submit an application
- review the how to preference guide
- utilise the CV template and upload to your application
- complete the online application via the Queensland Health RMO Campaign
Application period: Monday 6 June – Monday 4 July 2022
Interviews: Thursday 4 August (Brisbane)
An interview is required for all shortlisted applicants. Further information about the interview process will be released in due course.
Selection decision notification: Friday 26 August
Queensland Paediatric Training Positions - 2023
Paediatric Network Training positions allocated to new trainees per year (variable)
|Network Rotation||Basic Paediatric Training |
|General Paediatric Advanced|
| Neonatal Perinatal|
|Queensland Children's Hospital||23||14|
|Townsville University Hospital (incl. Darwin)||10||4|
|Gold Coast University Hospital||7||2|
|Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital|
Mater Mothers' Hospital
Gold Coast University Hospital
Townsville University Hospital
Total paediatric training positions per year (variable)
The attached table indicates training positions available in paediatrics for basic trainees, general paediatric advanced trainees, neonatal and perinatal medicine advanced trainees, non RACP trainees and PHOs across Queensland training hospitals.
The Queensland Neonatal Perinatal Medicine Training Network supports education and training including on the job training, supervision and mentoring and access to the Program for Advanced Neonatal Education in Queensland (PANEQ) – a full day monthly education program for neonatal trainees, neonatal fellows and advanced neonatal nurses.
Medical Vocational Training Pathways Paediatric-Training@health.qld.gov.au