Queensland Endocrinology Advanced Training Program
Endocrinology Advanced Training in Queensland is managed through a centralised recruitment and selection process. This statewide process is supported by a panel comprising of Endocrinology Unit Directors from Queensland accredited facilities.
The Endocrinology Registrar is an advanced trainee of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians. Refer to the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) for further information on the advanced training program.
To be eligible to apply for an advanced training position, applicants must either be:
- a current advanced trainee in Endocrinology
- a new applicant
- registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- registered with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- in the process of completing or successfully completed the Divisional Written and Clinical Examinations
How to apply
Applicants seeking an advanced training position should review the following information:
- the Endocrinology preference guide (PDF 257KB)
- complete and submit an application through the Queensland Health RMO Campaign
- two completed and submitted referee reports
Late applications will not be accepted.
There are 5 accredited facilities for Advanced Training positions:
- Cairns Hospital
- Darwin Hospitall
- Sunshine Coast University Hospital
- Townsville University Hospital
- Toowoomba Hospital
Interview, selection and offer dates
The recruitment and selection process will comply with relevant Queensland Health human resource policies including the principles of equal employment opportunity. All applications to the pathway will be reviewed by the Endocrinology Unit Director panel committee. The committee uses assessment criteria to determine eligibility and suitability of applicants for appointment to pathway positions within Queensland Health.
The selection process will be a panel interview with the Directors (or delegates) of each facility. Positions will be allocated primarily according to ranking during interview and other mitigating circumstances.
Notification of interview: Monday, 1st August 2022
Interview: Wednesday, 24th August 2022 - virtual interview
Allocation: Wednesday, 24th August 2022
Acceptance notification: Tuesday, 30th August 2022
Dr Sheila Cook
Director of Diabetes & Endocrinology